Who is Joe Webster and why should I care?
Great questions. Glad you asked.
Professionally I’m these things
- Electrical Engineer from Colorado State University
- Software Architect at Trustwave
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Microsoft Certified Software Developer (MCSD)
- IEEE Senior Member
- A number of other things that I’ve received training in and certifications for.
Personally I’m these things
- Musician – I’m a keyboardist.
- Digital audio enthusiast – I use Propellerheads Reason, Cockos Reaper and Apple Logic Pro.
- Eclectic music fan – Find out what I’m currently listening to on my iPhone and various iPods.
- Poker player – Even though I know that gambling is a tax on people who can’t do math, I still enjoy it and manage to mostly break even.
- Family guy – Husband, father, son, brother… you get the picture (I even look a little like Peter Griffin).
Also in case it isn’t obvious, I like lists. A lot. And I’m a big fan of Getting Things Done (GTD).
So if you disregard the paranoia, neuroses and other mental and psychic quirks that make me a swell security guy I’m pretty normal.
And I might have some ideas on how you can improve your security posture. Or not – and you can argue with me.
Anything written here is totally me. My employer has nothing to do with it, doesn’t endorse it and isn’t responsible in any way for it.